YOU COULD BE NEXT!
Bruce Montague is determined to expose the constitutional violations in the Canadian Firearms Act. This site will document his case to challenge the Firearms Act before the Supreme Court.
If we do not defend our Rights and Freedoms now we will lose them forever.
Bruce Montague is an ordinary Canadian who has been charged under the Firearms Act. On September 11, 2004 Bruce was arrested and jailed for 11 days for violation of the licensing and registration terms of the Firearms Act. Police officers then conducted a 36 hour search of the Montague home, seizing and confiscating Bruce's firearms, ammunition and other property, including computers, binoculars, scopes and books.
What started this? Bruce is a model citizen with no criminal record,
and has an excellent community and business reputation. But as a hunter and
gunsmith from northern Ontario, Bruce Montague has boldly and actively opposed
the Liberal government's illegitimate gun law by nonviolent public protest and peaceful non-compliance.
Why would someone intentionally challenge the law? Bruce is a man of character, integrity and conviction. Rather than comply with an unjust law, he has chosen to challenge it in court at enormous personal cost.
Why should you join Bruce Montague's fight to strike down the Firearms Act? Because his fight is your fight:
- An estimated 90% of firearms owners in Canada are in violation of the Firearms Act regulations due to ignorance, negligence, or civil disobedience.
- If the police did a raid on your house today, you would likely be charged with one or more criminal offenses under the Firearms Act.
- An anonymous "firearms threat" tip from a personal opponent can lead to an unannounced police raid on your home.
- The goal of the Firearms Act is to gradually eliminate private ownership of guns. We either fight the gun law now, or one-by-one firearm owners will be hunted down by its complexity and harsh penalties.
- Because of the multitude of firearms charges, Bruce's defense team will be able to challenge the constitutionality of all the major areas of the firearms act, potentially gutting it.
- Bruce is backed by legal experts who are prepared to make the first serious charter challenge of the Firearms Act to the Supreme Court of Canada.
DISCLAIMER: BruceMontague.ca is maintained by friends and
supporters of Bruce Montague.
It is NOT an official mouth-piece for Bruce
Montague's legal defense.